Saturday, March 16, 2013

Chevrons Dresses and Bubble Necklaces

I move into my dorm at the University of Oklahoma in 145 days to pursue a degree in journalism with an emphasis in advertising. Contrary to what I tell some people, I'm actually quite terrified. I have no idea what I'm going to do living on my own, but for now, I've still got 145 more days to figure it out. My older sister told me to start a blog, so here it is. This is my journey to college and my experiences once I get there.
You may be thinking to yourself, "What in the world does that have to do with chevron dresses and bubble necklaces?" It has a lot to do with it, actually. It just goes to show how completely lost I am when it comes to college. I have no idea what I'm doing. My friends and I were talking the other day, and we all have this mental picture of girls in black and white chevron dresses and bubble necklaces the school's color at football games. That's what we are excited for. We are excited to look cute in our preppy, school colored outfits. I feel like this is a very good picture of how completely and entirely lost I am, and how I have little to no idea what to expect as I venture onto independence!
That is what this blog is for. I have amazing people in my life and examples to guide me as I push onward. I invite you to join me on this big adventure called life and tackle the many obstacles of growing up with me. This way, when you find yourself in my shoes, beginning to glimpse the real world for the first time, you've already learned from many of my mistakes, so you don't have to make as many on your own. You're welcome.
I've got the red bubble necklace and flats already. I just need to chevron dress. Then I'll be set.

145 more days.... Keep calm and boomer sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. Your feedback is much appreciated!